[simpits-tech] 7 Segment/LCD displays

Ido Dekkers simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:55:31 +0300

Hi Chris,
Does your software happen to be in VC++ ?
if so please let me know

Ido

             Chris Brace
             <chris.brace@pa
             radise.net.nz>                                             To
             Sent by:                 simpits-tech@simpits.org
             simpits-tech-ad                                            cc
             min@simpits.org
                                                                       bcc

             10/01/2002                                            Subject
             11:45 AM                 Re: [simpits-tech] 7 Segment/LCD
                                      displays

             Please respond
             to simpits-tech

Try www.phidgets.com.
Ive been using a prototype of the 8x7seg displays for about 3 months now,
and
they work really well. The production units are just about ready, and are
really well priced. Chester also has a rotary encoder that you can use for
tuning them. Ive got a sample program on my website that will work for COM1

that connects to the sim and tune's in the radio.
Writting code to use them is very simple, I currently use Visual Basic and
the
FSUIPC sample code is a breese.
I have done parts of what your wanting to do already, and am happy to help
if
you need some. You can contact me privately for help if you want some help.
(chris.brace@paradise.net.nz).
Cheers

Chris.
www.chrisb.co.nz

> Hello all
>
> I am a bit lost for resources. I need to know eveything I possibly can
> to have 7 segment/LCD displays for comms/nav/adf/xpndr/dme and autopilot
> to operate from FS2002 through the 9/25 pin serial ports.
>
> What software can simply extract from FS2002 and write to the ports? Can
> I use FSUIPC SDK?
>
> Help appreciated
> Thanks
> Mark Pain