[simpits-tech] RE: headset boxes

Jim K. simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 13:13:16 -0600

Actually there is an adapter that you can buy that changes the mil
microphone in a HGU helemt to a civilian compatible mic.  I bought one and
then I made a cable that attaches to the mic/speaker cable on the HGU and
on the other end I included connectors that would plug into my sound card
on my computer.  That way i can hear the sim via my helmet speakers plus I
can also use the mic to use voice command software.

I got the adapter from

http://www.flightsuits.com/products.html

Jim

Is the HGU-55/P the military single-plug type setup? If so, then no,
unfortunately not. I'm not sure if there are any adapters out there to go
straight from the military to PC inputs, but I'm pretty sure there are
setups to go from military to civilian, and you should then be able to use
this box. If only I HAD a military setup to work with, I might be able to
design and build a military box as well... Any loaners? ;)
Brian>>>>