[simpits-tech] Re: motion platform, and outside view.

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:24:00 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Jonas Frazier wrote:

> HI all:
> What size of square steel tubing,  some 1"x1". I know that in bridge
> building they build the sections in triangles. Should I put a triangle in
> the corners? Also,  what's a good way to rig 6 moniters for the out side
> views? Thanks.

If you add your weight, plus the 6 monitors and whatever else you intend
putting in that motion sim - it adds up to (counts fingers) a lot!

1" square tubing would be ok but you really do want to triangulate the
design of the 'chassis' at more than just the corners!

1" tubing well triangulated should be lighter and stiffer than jumping to
2" tube.

Roy.