[simpits-tech] How do you deal with temperature inside the pit?

Albert Yung simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 02:27:35 +1100

Rob,

Wll reply both email at once :) Incase anyone I miss or didnt reply to
anyone in particular, please dont be offended, so many people have replied
and I thank you all very much for ideas and thoughts. I have read everyone
of them.

What will I do without your help? However I am quite busy too.

Ok...Muffin fans, sorry I never hear that term before. I figured it out now
after looking at the picture and your description:)

Incase you dont know, if you tell me AC and DC I will think its Angus Young
instead of Alternating current and Distric of Columbus :) I have a phobia
with electronics. The simpit project is really helping me to learn more
about electronics thanks to all you patient people!

Interesting partnership you've got with Gene, work, friends, and build pits
together... man, only if I can find a mate who can spend time, and actually
be interested in Jet and pit building. Most of my mate dont even care
anymore... They know that I am an "addicted" and beyond the help of therapy
and medicine.

I will look into the window mounted air cond. I got an old friend who's an
air cond person HVAC stuff... One that will not have time to sit down and go
through the pit's need because he's too busy chasing after the cash in his
job. I am writing this to you now sitting in a room with 49% relative
humidity and 86.5 F :) Evaporative cooler wont really help would it?

I will be glad to produce some materials inspired of this discussion. Its a
matter of fact, I have the simpits group archieve back upto the 2000 I
think. The other day I was scrolling back up the list...and thought... maybe
if each one of us (or a few people) pick out a topic of mass interest...like
the recent "Phidget radio", or a few months ago about "Home built HUD" ,
"MM5451 LED Driver" and this post....etc We can start off with just doing
some cut and paste text from guys giving their respond. Many respond I see
guys post up contain information links. It will be very easy to compile up a
short article with the minimal use of time. Everything I am doing in the pit
is kept in a small diary format. Some of them are on my own personal site.
www.shizznit.com/simpit

About the temperature gauge. No doubt, its a must for my pit but it will
take form of a LCD. Already have ideas to hack up my newly brought
thermometre. Place the one senser with the monitors, and one where I am
sitting. Link up to an alarm with a warning light that says "PILOT
OVERHEAT". Now I cant wait to build up the hull and a prototype canopy to
see just how hot it will be inside.

Cheers guys!

Al
Sydney, Australia