[simpits-tech] How do you deal with temperature inside the pit?

Rob Hommel simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 01:55:20 -0800

Albert

Craig is correct air conditioners are relatively easy to repair a basic book
for the library will enable you to repair one of the window mounted ones.
With the possible exception of Gene's air conditioner which became the home
to a nest of hornets, the nasty stingy ones we have here in the north west
that only get meaner as the temperature goes up. Gene pushed his year old
air conditioner out the window where it fell to its doom from the second
floor.

The use of a regular window mounted air conditioner is a very good idea, now
if we could just find the money and find the way to convince Gene's wife
that one is needed for the cockpit more than one is needed for the home.
There is no way that I can see that she would ever see her way to believing
that. Hell, I can't see myself believing that load and I am a pretty
inventive guy. Then again Gene did convince her to marry him if you can
imagine that.

This does sound like a very good topic for an article on the Simpits web
site. Albert, would you please keep track of all the messages and ideas as
well. write the article up with photos of your solution and if others out
there would like to do the same we can see what we can do to have a special
on the topic. If we have more than a single contributor to this we can make
it a regular feature for a couple of months worth of articles for the title
page than they may be placed within the site under the engineering heading.
Would someone like to come up with a temperature gauge that shows the
temperature inside the cockpit replacing an engine temp gauge or other
gauge, would that be too tacky?