[simpits-tech] How do you deal with temperature inside the pi t?

Rochester, Craig simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:36:11 -0500

Rob,

I'd be glad to put together some text, drawings, and links for the design
methods for A/C and ventilation of a pit.  Any info on the real aircraft
systems would be helpful as a starting point: vents(nozzles) sizes and
locations, temperature specs, A/C pilot controls and flight suit/helmet
functionality would be helpful.  My approach would be to simulate the
performance for conditioning as well as sound levels.

I think this might be particularly helpful for those who will be building a
pit inside a space(room) that doesn't have air conditioning.  For prop sim
pits it would be cool to have simulated conditions for cold conditions for
high altitudes and/or seasonal conditions.

Craig R.

Rob Hommel  Wrote:

Albert

Craig is correct air conditioners are relatively easy to repair ...

...This does sound like a very good topic for an article on the Simpits web
site. Albert, would you please keep track of all the messages and ideas as
well. write the article up with photos of your solution and if others out
there would like to do the same we can see what we can do to have a special
on the topic. If we have more than a single contributor to this we can make
it a regular feature for a couple of months worth of articles for the title
page than they may be placed within the site under the engineering heading.
Would someone like to come up with a temperature gauge that shows the
temperature inside the cockpit replacing an engine temp gauge or other
gauge, would that be too tacky?