[simpits-tech] How do you deal with temperature inside the pit?

Alan D. Mazurka simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:04:42 -0500

--=====================_1259454==_.ALT

Hi,

my setup is a two seater, airbus-like design located in the cellar.

the cellar has excellent thermal properties, and the monitors basically get
to vent to open air, which only makes it nicer during the winter months.

BUT, i "stole" a duct from the first floor's combined a/c and heat system.
it will provide heating and air conditioning for the eventual completed
cockpit. of course, i have to run upstairs and diddle the thermostat if i
want cooling/heating, but the wife NEVER seems to mind.

it heats/cools the cockpit interior as opposed to the electronics - the
electronics more or less sit out in the open.

just one more possible solution,

  - adm -

At 06:38 PM 11/25/99 +1100, you wrote:
>Hi Craig,
>
>I invested in a half decent Hygrometer with in/out thermo reading. This
>will allow me to give you some good reading of my room. Also in the
>afternoon rush hour, I went to a electronic chain here just before they
>closed today...only saw the evaporative cooler. Cool my brain off first
>before I walk back out to the 84degree heat. With my newly purchase
>gadget, I can tell you today's relative humidity is 33% with a chances of
>a late shower...hehe. Today was the Hotest November night since 1988....in
>Sydney.

----------

Alan D. Mazurka                    Webspace Design & Implementation
adm.design@verizon.net

--=====================_1259454==_.ALT

Hi,<br><br>
my setup is a two seater, airbus-like design located in the
cellar.<br><br>
the cellar has excellent thermal properties, and the monitors basically
get to vent to open air, which only makes it nicer during the winter
months.<br><br>
BUT, i &quot;stole&quot; a duct from the first floor's combined a/c and
heat system. it will provide heating and air conditioning for the
eventual completed cockpit. of course, i have to run upstairs and diddle
the thermostat if i want cooling/heating, but the wife NEVER seems to
mind.<br><br>
it heats/cools the cockpit interior as opposed to the electronics - the
electronics more or less sit out in the open.<br><br>
just one more possible solution,<br><br>
&nbsp;- adm -<br><br>
At 06:38 PM 11/25/99 +1100, you wrote:<br>
Craig,</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
in/out thermo reading. This will allow me to give you some good reading
of my room. Also in the afternoon rush hour, I went to a electronic chain
here just before they closed today...only saw the evaporative cooler.
Cool my brain off first before I walk back out to the 84degree heat. With
my newly purchase gadget, I can tell you today's relative humidity is 33%
with a chances of a late shower...hehe. Today was the Hotest November
night since 1988....in Sydney.</font><br>
&nbsp;</blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
<hr>
Alan D.
Mazurka&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Webspace Design &amp; Implementation<br>
adm.design@verizon.net&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>