[simpits-tech] www.Deltawing.com

Deltawing simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:47:12 -0800

Sorry for the late response.  I was doing construction on a friends house
till the wee hours of the night last night and had full day today.

However, I did want to apologize to the group for the post regarding
deltawing.com.  It was not my intention to make it look like a sales pitch,
but it did come out that way.  I will be sure to contact Gene regarding a
link on the simpits site.  I also wanted to thank Rob for his questions.

	The Instructor Console can be customized for each individual aircraft.  It
is preconfigured for the aircraft's that ship with flight sim but can be
customized for any new aircraft you may add.  You can customize things like,
which gauges are shown and how they are scaled, you can customize the
autopilot to match an aircrafts features, you can use it with EPIC to send
events to your epic systems.  I would suggest downloading the User Guide.
It should give you a pretty good idea what you can do with it.
http://www.deltawing.com/documents/ICUserGuide.pdf
(Some people are having trouble opening this in a browser, you might just
want to download it or if you want to contact me directly I can email you a
copy)

Our Rotary Encoder Modules could be used on autopilot panels, FEES panels,
overheads, radio stacks, etc.  Just about anywhere you need a rotary switch
to be plumed to a keystroke.  The Rotary Encoder Modules create
alpha/numeric keystrokes that can be sent to any software  application,
including Flight Simulator or Project Magenta software, directly via the
keyboard port. You simply install the rotary encoders, connect the outputs
from the ENC 302/351 boards to the appropriate inputs of one or more
Hagstrom KE series key encoders and you're ready to go.

The ENC 302 has a single rotary encoder, thus, two outputs
(counter-clockwise and clockwise) that can be connected to one or two
separate Hagstrom boards. The ENC 351 has four rotary encoders, thus, eight
outputs that can be connected to one or more (up to eight separate) Hagstrom
boards.  The ENC 302 and ENC351 have terminal blocks for easy connection.
The boards can even be ordered as bundles with the Hagstrom boards.  You can
order these as bundles and simply tell us which keystrokes you desire for
the counter-clockwise and clockwise rotation for each rotary encoder.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions.

Thanks,
Chris Barnett
LAS