[simpits-tech] QF-4G Phantom..vs Training aids.

Matt Bailey simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 11:49:03 -0500

Oh I agree the F-16 is a fine plane, and frankly I am suprise that the
military is wasting this thing on target practice. As much as I like the
F-4, it is old and uses old tech so I can understand why they would be
more inclined to trash it (even though other countries are reworking it
into a viable modern fighting machine).

Why can't they just design a purpose built target drone? It could be
built very cheaply, and could easily turn with the F-16's and other
fighters (or could be set up to significantly out turn it, since it
would be lighter, plus excessive g forces would be less of a concern
since there's no pilot).

	-Matt Bailey