[simpits-tech] RE: I-glasses SVGA W/Tracker For Sale or Trade

Craig Rochester simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 19:23:49 -0500

Hi Eric,

Could you describe the head-tracked/HMD experience for me?  I'm working on a
home brew HMD rig(unproven design).  I've never had the opportunity to try a
HMD of any kind.  Short of a 360 deg dome, I envision this technology as
being the next best thing since...  Were you able to use in a combat sim
like Falcon4.  I imagine being able to "look around" naturally would give a
tremendous improvement in immersion.  Could you comment on the relatively
small field of view (30 deg)?  If the rig had 60 deg FOV @ 1600x1200
resolution(twice the size with same effective resolution), how much
difference would that make in the experience?

Thanks,

Craig R.