[simpits-tech] projector panels...

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 31 May 2002 10:32:53 -0700 (PDT)

> Speed can refer to the CPU or the speed of the LCD substrate.  I understand
> that some LCD panels can't turn pixels on and off fast enough for anything
> but static graphic presentations.

Anything that uses an "Active Matrix" is quick enough to keep up with
high-speed graphics.

> I have been told that many of the overhead LCD panels are like that.  I have
> even heard that some of the newer LCD projectors suffer from this problem.

Before LCDs became "common", Active Matrix LCDs were more expensive.  Now
they're more the norm.

> It seems that these machines were not designed for moving graphics and thus
> operate very slowly.

The ASK 800x600 panel I have works VERY well with moving pixels around.  I
just need two more of them now. :)

g.