[simpits-tech] F4 MFDs

Erwin Neyt simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 21 May 2002 09:44:20 +0200

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2009B.51738010

Albert,

I have a 107 version of F4 which has MFD data in shared memory. What I did
is render the (four) MFD's off screen and memcopied them to shared memory.
Pretty straight forward. I added a compression algorithm to F4 Data Mirror
to send the MFD images to another PC, where the can be displayed with F4
Glass (any size).

When F4UT started, eRazor did the port to DX7, which meant I lost the
ability to render off screen. There is a little dirty trick I could do but
it only works on nVidea graphic cards, and I never got it working.

I did hope eR would do the DX8 implementation, but that never made it. In
DX8 things are a bit simpler to do, but this will probably have to wait till
FV. I am talking with G2I and I hope they will adopt some of my ideas to
expand the sh.mem support. The MFD's were not the only items on my wish
list: I want full two directional data exchange. One of which is switch
state support instead of switch events, which is what we currently use (and
will solve the switch sync problem).

I also hope they (G2I) will work on a wideview solution, allowing more than
one OTW. I know they are interested in all the above features, but only time
will tell if they ever will be realized.

F4UT (SP) is almost done (as is the public src code development), and from
here we'll need to wait (at least) several years for FV, so we need to be
very patient. But I will do further R&D to aid G2I in getting these things
in place.

Erwin.

BTW. Last year (and this year) I have been very busy working on my house
(including the new sim room), and I hope I can start pit construction next
year.