[simpits-tech] CH stick

Justin Messenger simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 18 May 2002 14:53:21 -0700 (PDT)

Brian ,
Yahoo is performing a scheduled system maintenance and
my website is offline until they are finished. Give it
a day or two.

You are correct about the linkage giving the system
it's feel, if I added hydraulic resistance it would be
harder to move the stick than would be
realistic,(unless I were simulating Hydraulic falure,
In the F-4 that makes the stick nearly imossible to
pull full aft) and might even break the insides of the
stick. Actually, I'm sure it would. Last night I used
the system without using FF and I like the feel of it
better this way without the FF than I did before the
mods with FF. It's like Gene said about his F-15's
rudder pedals, the resistance makes it easier to use.
I'm also  sure that for just about any US fighter
besides the F-16 and the F-22, it feels more like the
real thing. It makes me hold the grip differently than
I did before, I used to just loosly use my finger
tips, now really hang on to it. After I send this I'm
going out to load the driver to enable FF and see how
I like it.

If you want to see what it looks like in the stick it
is very simple to open the CH FX. There are 8 screws
underneth to remove and that is it. 4 of them are
hidden under the 4 little bumpers as is so common with
joysticks. The bottom plate comes right off and
nothing falls out and no wires or anything are
disturbed.

Justin