[simpits-tech] Electronic USB modules

fitchett simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 15 May 2002 16:26:45 -0600 (MDT)

Hey folks,

I'm putting some modules into production that may be of interest to some
of you;

A 32 input/32 output InterfaceKit, optically isolated.  Will sink 250mA
per output, at up to 30V.  Each input indicates it's state with a green
LED, and the outputs use red LEDs.  Terminal blocks are used to connect to
your sim.  This module is ~$95.

A 256 input InterfaceKit using a scanning matrix topology - see Gene's
nice diagram at
http://www.simpits.org/fileproc/files/ematrix.png
This module uses a 40 pin header to connect to your pit.  It comes with
256 diodes.  This module is $50.

8 Analog Input / 8 Digital Input InterfaceKit, 0-5V for the analog inputs.
This module is $40.

In addition to my single/quad servo controllers, I've produced a 8 servo
controller, with wide voltage input (7V - 30V), and acceleration/velocity
control.  There is 125 steps/degree for a normal servo.  Very smooth and
quiet at lower velocities.  This module is $65.

Two text LCDs are going to be available; A very small 4X12 character, with
LED backlight ($20), and a 4X32 without backlight.  ($35)

The graphics LCD is a 256X128, about 2.75" * 5", without backlight.  ($55)

All modules are USB based, use the same Windows software library provided
free, and include USB cables.  (Not trivial, considering what consumers
pay for USB cables)  There is no problem using multiple modules of the
same type, they are identified with unique serial numbers.

This production run will be shipping in 4 weeks, with 25 units of each
module available.

Other designs have been proposed, let me know if you have a use for these
in your project.

- LCD, 640*480, 6", CCFL backlight.  (Going ahead with this one)
- Encoder inputs, absolute/incremental
- Seven(+) segment LED modules
- Dot matrix LED displays
- Stepper motor controller
- Touch screens
- Analog output - what voltage/current range do you need?
- ?

If you are interested in any of these, send me an email, and I'll make
sure you get one.  The online store at www.phidgets.com should be
operational/handling credit cards in 4 weeks.

Gene is writing a FlightSim interface for my software library, so be nice
to him.

Let me know what you want!

Chester