[simpits-tech] Potentiometers

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 13 May 2002 06:46:27 -0400

Neat idea!  However, you don't quite get true linear movement.  It's good in
the middle, but it will gets worse as you get to either end.  May not be a
problem for some applications or if you have an EPIC system you can
compensate for the difference.

I used something like Steve's method with two pulleys.  I didn't have
fishing line or a miniature turnbuckle, so I used dental floss (dewaxed) and
I made the plate that the pot mounts to movable so I could adjust the
tension.  The problem with this is finding the right size pulleys so the
ratio is correct.

Marv