[simpits-tech] Potentiometers

LT1_Z28 simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 13 May 2002 01:14:01 -0500

Ed Henderson wrote:

> Yea, now I am starting to think rotary...  I guess it would be easier
> to mount an arm on a rotary.  Then the throw would be much more
> adjustable.

Probably the easiest way would be to mount the pot to a plate somewhere,
stick a pulley on the shaft, and use the heaviest Spider Wire fishing
line you can find to move the pulley. It would need 2 arms on the stick,
each the same length and distance from the pivot. Attach the wire to one
arm, then wrap it wound the pulley a few times, then to the other arm.
Put a tiny turnbuckle at one end to tension it and it should work
perfectly for years.
--
Steve
lt1_z28@swbell.net http://www.mysticz28.org/