[simpits-tech] Wahoo! Sptifire shell nearly complete!

Wiebe, Alex simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 11 May 2002 17:02:12 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F937.80BBE6C0

You know, have the odd horse shoe up your rear is not that uncomfortable to
sit on. :-)

Our town had a town-wide garage sale this weekend. Second place we as a
family stopped at the guy was talking to someone about needing to fix a
wing. I looked over and up, and there was a airplane body hanging from the
ceiling. Cool I thought, and asked - "You a pilot?". "Yes, and you?". "No,
but I'm building a simulator in my basement."

"Would you like a Spitfire cockpit?"

...when I regained consciousness I readily agreed. He had a plywood / panel
board cockpit shell his brother had built for him in the back yard that was
going to be cut up for _firewood_ (I nearly passed out again).

A minor triming of some legs of the pit and removal of the railings to my
basement and the pit is now in my basement right beside the C172 I'm working
on.

Whee!!!

It's not much to look at, but I will try to get pics up as soon as possible.
This is such a win for me as I'm not a very capable carpenter.

If anyone has information on the configuration of the Spitfire I'd
appreciate that (photos would rock!).

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F937.80BBE6C0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Wahoo! Sptifire shell nearly complete!</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>You know, have the odd horse shoe up your rear is not =
that uncomfortable to sit on. :-)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Our town had a town-wide garage sale this weekend. =
Second place we as a family stopped at the guy was talking to someone =
about needing to fix a wing. I looked over and up, and there was a =
airplane body hanging from the ceiling. Cool I thought, and asked - =
&quot;You a pilot?&quot;. &quot;Yes, and you?&quot;. &quot;No, but I'm =
building a simulator in my basement.&quot;</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&quot;Would you like a Spitfire cockpit?&quot;</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>...when I regained consciousness I readily agreed. He =
had a plywood / panel board cockpit shell his brother had built for him =
in the back yard that was going to be cut up for _firewood_ (I nearly =
passed out again).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>A minor triming of some legs of the pit and removal =
of the railings to my basement and the pit is now in my basement right =
beside the C172 I'm working on.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Whee!!!</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>It's not much to look at, but I will try to get pics =
up as soon as possible. This is such a win for me as I'm not a very =
capable carpenter.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>If anyone has information on the configuration of the =
Spitfire I'd appreciate that (photos would rock!).</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F937.80BBE6C0--