[simpits-tech] Stepper motor controll ....sorta O/T

Ben Jones simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 5 May 2002 17:31:31 +0800

-----Original Message-----
From: lt1_z28@swbell.net [mailto:lt1_z28@swbell.net]
Sent: Friday, 3 May 2002 1:10 AM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Stepper motor controll ....sorta O/T

>You could also build a circuit that switches between 2 gizmos that will
>spit out the correct pulse widths for each position. More complicated,
>but less money.

Found to day at a local electronic supplier of kits , a stepper motor controller in their catalogue ,  It is designed for testing radiocontrolled servos , it has has a trimpot and a   little board with a ic on it  which the plugs in to the 3 wire servomotors,

the gizmo works by  moving the servo in relation to the trim pot ( i think in a 1to1 fasion) so werever i move the pot the motor should move to giving me infinate amounds of position i can pann the camera,

giving  this is avaliable i am thinkin of adding another servo to controll up and down movement for the camera..

this gizmo might have uses in a pit somewhere , on thought is in a trim situation , select nose down or op trim and a servo could be used to load up the control stick to give a nose heavy or tail heavy feeling when flying, which is the case flying the real things..

once i complete the project of atleast the motor controll i can post some information if any one likes .....

T.T.F.N

BEN   JONES
bjones@pipecomp.com.au