[simpits-tech] Marv... :)

lt1_z28@swbell.net simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 02 May 2002 21:56:24 -0500

Gene Buckle wrote:

> I need to replace the too short slide pots in my throttle assembly.  I had
> mistakenly set the incorrect position for the "off" position.  I was
> wiring the engine ignitor finger lifts and found out they were *ahead* of
> the idle gate.  Well I lifted the lever and ran the throttle arm back.
> I'm pretty sure the crunch I heard was the nyrod pulling the arm off the
> slide pot. :)
>
> Since I had under-estimated the travel anyway, I figured I'd redo it
> properly. :)

Sounds like my plan is exactly what you need. With a little work you
could machine something that would bolt in just like a linear pot, but
still use a much more durable rotary pot. Besides, a pulley arrangement
is better at translating rotary motion to linear (and then back to
rotary, but that's irrelevant ;)

Of course that assumes that Beagles don't have sliding throttles.
--
Steve
lt1_z28@swbell.net http://www.mysticz28.org/