[simpits-tech] Marv... :)

lt1_z28@swbell.net simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 02 May 2002 20:52:00 -0500

Gene Buckle wrote:

> Thanks for the offer Steve, but I just have to take some time to work
> this out in my head. :)

Since I missed out on the beginning of the thread, what are you doing,
anyway? If you just need to measure linear motion, I'd attach a rotary
pot to a plate, stick a pulley on the shaft, and wrap kevlar thread
around the pulley. If there's less than 360º of rotation you can stake
the thread down or use a ball chain, strip of thin nylon, or a bazillion
other things that are flexible, but have very low elasticity.

In other words, been there, done that ;)

Now back to cutting 14 TPI threads, which sucks... hard... with both
hands.
--
Steve
lt1_z28@swbell.net http://www.mysticz28.org/