[simpits-tech] EPIC USB Resources

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 08:39:46 -0800 (PST)

> I am building a full size locomotive simulator using actual locomotive
> controls and components. Although my simulator never leaves the ground, I
> think what I am doing is very similar to what everyone here does with
> flight simulators. Let's face it, controls are controls.

That is *so* cool.  Do you have a website up with pics?

> 1. Are there resources available on the EPIC USB? I have all of the
> documentation from R&R and Flight Link's web site. I am looking for
> information on other manufacturer's interface cards for the EPIC bus or
> possibly details on the EPIC bus so that I might create my own interfaces.

There isn't much online right now, but you can contact Ralph Robinson, the
creator of EPIC at rrelect@mindspring.com.  He's VERY helpful.

> 2. Is there more information on EPL for the USB? I have read through the
> documentation that came with it and I am wondering if there is more
> information out there geared towards the USB version.

You might want to check out Ray's website at
http://www.avsim.com/bluesideup - he's got some good EPL examples.

You should also check out http://www.mindspring.com/~rrelect

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"