[simpits-tech] Subject: Helmet Qestion

Marvin Maxson simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 19:22:05 -0600

I was wondering if anyone has an idea how to make a patch cord for a
military flying helmet. I know when I was in the Air Force, I used to see
our pilots with patch cords that would allow them to listen to a cassette
tape recorder, as well as tape radio transmissions.

I have a brand new helo pilots helmet, with the electronics complete. I was
wondering if anyone had any ideas. At the present time I also have a "break
out" box from Andrea Communications, that has provisions for powering up
external speakers along with a mic. Only catch is that it is of standard
mini plug type, and of course the military helmet has the standard full size
plug. I would like to try and use this on some of my sims when I use
Battlecom or Roger Wilco. I know the sound quality would not be as good as a
set of stereo speakers, but the authentic flavor is what I am looking to
simulate.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions the group may have. Feel free to
contact me directly at madmax@glade.net

Marvin "madmax" Maxson