[simpits-tech] I'm so happy!

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 07:03:46 +1300

At 09:58 AM 3/5/02 -0800, you wrote:
> > Gene
> >
> > > Yep!  Another thing, avoid the pilots.  They can't do a thing for
> > > you.  Talk to the guys in _power_.  The maintenance crew. :)  Nothing
> > > loosens up a crew dog like a fellow fan.  Pilots are nothing more than
> > > "stick actuators". :)
> >
> > Oh - that hurts. Being a pilot and a mechanic - I see a different view
> > since Iam on both sides of the field. Pilots hate mechanics and
> > mechanics hate pilots. Both of them can help anyone out with a
> > simulator. Mechanics know how the airplanes work and the pilot how to
> > fly them. Both have experence that is worth its weight in gold.
> >
>No offense meant Ken.  Note the ":)". *grin*  The comment holds more to
>air force types anyway, where there's been a friendly rivalry for decades
>between those that fly them and those that "own" them. :)
>
>g.
>
>--
>"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"
>http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.

It was a little different for me at Ohakea;  Since the combat force has
been scrapped, the pilots and groundies that are left are the real
enthusiasts, they all just love the A-4.  You seee them get all misty eyed
when they discuss what is about to happen to their (collectively)
babies.  Either Brazil or the US are going to buy the whole damn lot for a
mere NZD$35 million (thats about US49.95 with a side order of fries)
including spares, support and tooling.  Very sad!

Sean