[simpits-tech] Pilots/Engineers

Darren Beaumont simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 19:05:48 -0000

Ken,

I think 'hate' is a bit strong.

Anyway you ask a pilot a question about flying the aircraft, they tend to
look down on you and treat you like an idiot, especially if you mention the
words Flight sim.  The ironic thing is many pilots I know are 'closet'
Flightsim users, but never publicly admit it. One guy went as far as to
design and sell panels for FS98.  There are of course pilots, who are
enthusiastic about flight simulation, but these folks seem to be few and far
between.

Yet ask an engineer a technical question about the aircraft, you tend to get
a decent and very detailed answer.

Although this is a generalisation, from personal experience, it isn't that
far from the truth.

I don't mean to pilot bash, as many friends and colleagues are pilots, but
if you want techincal/useful info, from personal experience, speak to the
engineers.

My very humble opinion as always.

Darren