[simpits-tech] backlit panels 101

Erwin Neyt simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:01:31 +0200

Chris,

> the questions asked. One point is, an idividual could in
> theory create his own UV lab in his garage ( or any space)
> and chemical etch his own panels. I have thousands of edge

I would love to try this.

I am thinking about the following:

1. Prepare the panels with the proper white and black paint layers.
2. spray a UV sensitive layer over the panel.
3. create a mask film and use it to develop the UV sensitive layer.
4. etch the panel.
5. remove the UV sensitive layer
6. finish the panel with a matte coat.

Could this be done in this way?

Further what sort of paint and chemicals should I use to etch?

If you can give any of this info, I would be very pleased. It would make a
great tutorial if this could actualy be accomplished.

Erwin.