[simpits-tech] EPIC Q's and programming for Falcon4

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:31:14 -0400

Unless you can read the current state of the sim and then go in and change
it, you are stuck with performing a preflight checklist and setting each
switch or rotary into the correct position before launching the game.

There has been some talk about interface methods (F4 glass, memreader, etc)
and EPIC. However, there has not been published any work so far on
standardization.

That may change and I would be interested in hearing any proposals to date.

I have started a rough Excel file for a switch matrix of all the switches on
the F-16.  There are still a lot of empty holes, but I have outlined a bus
standard for the cockpit.  Where things have stopped, at the moment, is the
details that connect EPIC to F4.

That portion of the project requires deeper thought and how I might leverage
existing avionic standards.

Your input is welcome.

Marv