[simpits-tech] Looking for C172 IFR dimensions

Ben Jones simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:55:19 +0800

I think i might have a photo of the pannel in  a new  cessna 172 "R" model  i fly occasonally but i might have to do some digging , if i cant find it i can take a trip 10 mins to the airfield and take a couple of snap s for ya

it is a ifr pannel staight from cessna and is only about 2 years old ,
i dont think the ownsers have made any instrument changes yet,

  i dont know what model you want to replicate ,

 in the new panel all the radio stack is the new didital flip flop type , digital nav gear, radio, xponder, adf  and  of course a gps

so if you have old radio types "king or narco" i think the "R" model is not the one you want

regards

BEN   JONES
bjones@pipecomp.com.au

From: Chris Brace [mailto:chris.brace@paradise.net.nz]
Guys,,
Im looking for technical drawings with dimensions of a C172 IFR panel for a
project cockpit Im wanting to build. Sort of sitting in one and taking it all
down, does anyone have something that I can use?
My goal is a complete fully working panel, keyboardless design, so that you
will only be able to fly form the panel like the real thing!

Cheers
Chris Brace