[simpits-tech] Justin- Good artical on the C-17 sim

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:21:20 -0700 (PDT)

> Yes you can cheat by giving each guy his own forward view, but you dont get
> that neat cross cockpit effect we all know and love from real life.
> DOESNT COMPROMISING SUCK?
Don't get me started. :)  Mine is supposed to have a 360* view from a
totally clear bubble canopy.  I have to play all sorts of games to get
even close.  (and I'm not that close)

The problem with projecting on curved surface is that you're going to have
to compensate for the screen curvature either in software, or by optically
manipulating the image in the beam-splitter housing or at the projector
itself.

g.