[simpits-tech] About F16 angle console....

Biggles simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 02:26:46 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris" <ccrowley@mccrowley.com>
To: <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 2:01 AM
Subject: RE: [simpits-tech] About F16 angle console....

> Well, I had heard from here that the front instrument panel has a
different
> rake from the A to C, and hadn't got that far yet. woohoo. I will
> incorporate the rake!
>
> I had noticed a slight inward tilt of the side panels, about 4 degrees on
> the model (that wasn't hard to measure, just how accurate??). If its more,
> would love to hear about it, since I am close to that step.
> I am mocking up the aux panels and sides in Styrofoam before I fab. I
think
> I will get a good idea of that with them. Well, could be time for a trip
> the nearest USAF base.
>
> I would also like to hear about the bend in the middle of the panels. I
> haven't built them yet, and could possibly modify the frame, depends on
the
> angles. It probably occurs near where the back of the seat meets the
bottom.
> either in front or behind the fuel panel. Guess I will see where the seat
> fits in all this (still have to make the bottom). Yes, I can handle that
> mod, now or later. Just a matter of the supports for me.

The Bend is in between the panels that are ligned up different.
For the right side its between the KY58 panel and the AIR COND panel, the
angle is approx 6 deg. where the aft part is horizontal.
As for the Left side the bend is in between the EXT LIGHTING and ELEC panel
and has the same degree.

The angle that is outbound is approx 6 degr. for both fore and aft of the
bend.

Hope this helps abit.

Biggles.