[simpits-tech] Justin- Good artical on the C-17 sim

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 20:59:52 -0700 (PDT)

Justin, I've actually heard of how this was solved.  A friend of mine
writes graphic software for military flight simulators.  They had a
similar problem with the HUD in the F-16 they were working on.  The
solution they found was to have a special HUD made that had differently
ground optics.  The special optics were built to focus the HUD display at
the surface of the projection screen instead of infinity.  The C-17 guys
obviously didn't talk to the sim guys at Hughes. :)

g.