[simpits-tech] ACES II's

Chris Woodul simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 21:07:38 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C20E67.5ABC1090

Hi Marc,

In answer to your question, I have only Three ACES II's at this time-=20
F-16
B-1B
A-10

( F-15 is coming soon)
I have had many more of them in the past, but everyone seems to want =
them so I trade or sell them occasionally.

I have good relationshiops within the EGRESS Design comunity, as well as =
the USAF Life Support Labs that support the Full line of escape systems =
for all airforce systems.

I have to also say that my own Ejection Seat Replica is very nice, but =
its a bit pricey for the home builder. I really hope that soon a =
solution for home builders via DT SIMS will come to fruition, but that =
will take a number of orders for Paul to get the price right via the =
economy of scale.
My company is working with Paul for this. We tried to do this years ago, =
and sent one of my seats out to california to be Molded which it was but =
the person that did it decided to market them himself and started a =
company using that seat baseline, along with an F-16 cockpit shell, =
Block 40 instrument panel and an F-18 shell as his starting point.
As far as I am concerned this knock off seat that is being marketed is =
inferior and does not represent the quality of work that the seats I =
produce for the simulation industry have...but then thats just my =
opinion.

As far as getting more real ones in the future.. I have several on =
lay-away, and always keep my eyes out. I know we all watch Ebay and =
occasionally ACES II's pop up out of the blue. Once again, I also have =
seen many clever home built seats that truely impress me!
I have so much respect for the home simpit comunity for the creativity =
and resourcefulness of everyone.
I think we all indeed have a screw loose.....and for those of us that =
are married, its amazing we can stay that way.
I light of all that though, I always feel sorry for those people in life =
who have no passion, no hobby...we all have this wonderful hobby and the =
communtiy it brings us!

Okay, I have yet once again rambled!
Take care,

Chris Woodul

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C20E67.5ABC1090

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Marc,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In answer to your question, I have only =
Three ACES=20
II's at this time- </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>F-16</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>B-1B</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>A-10</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>( F-15 is coming soon)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have had many more of them in the =
past, but=20
everyone seems to want them so I trade or sell them =
occasionally.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have good relationshiops within the =
EGRESS Design=20
comunity, as well as the USAF Life Support Labs that support the Full =
line of=20
escape systems for all airforce systems.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have to also say that my own Ejection =
Seat=20
Replica is very nice, but its a bit pricey for the home builder. I =
really hope=20
that soon a solution for home builders via DT SIMS will come to =
fruition, but=20
that will take a number of orders for Paul to get the price right via =
the=20
economy of scale.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My company is working with Paul for =
this. We tried=20
to do this years ago, and sent one of my seats out to california to be =
Molded=20
which it was but the person that did it decided to market them himself =
and=20
started a company using that seat baseline, along with an F-16 cockpit =
shell,=20
Block 40 instrument panel and an F-18 shell as his starting =
point.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As far as I am concerned this knock off =
seat that=20
is being marketed is inferior and does not represent the quality of work =
that=20
the seats I produce for the simulation industry have...but then thats =
just my=20
opinion.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As far as getting more real ones in the =
future.. I=20
have several on lay-away, and always keep my eyes out. I know we all =
watch Ebay=20
and occasionally ACES II's pop up out of the blue. Once again, I also =
have seen=20
many clever home built seats that truely impress me!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have so much respect for the home =
simpit comunity=20
for the creativity and resourcefulness of everyone.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I think we all indeed have a screw =
loose.....and=20
for those of us that are married, its amazing we can stay that =
way.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I light of all that though, I always =
feel sorry for=20
those people in life who have no passion, no hobby...we all have this =
wonderful=20
hobby and the communtiy it brings us!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Okay, I have yet once again =
rambled!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Take care,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Chris Woodul</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C20E67.5ABC1090--