[simpits-tech] Just Off The Workbench - Servo Driven Gauges!

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 06:43:53 -0400

Let me address your questions:

1) Will it be possible to connect the motor part to a real gouge ? will it
fit?

No.  The drive unit and the gauge head are designed to work together and are
intrinsically different than a real gauge's design.  The reason for the
difference is allow for the gauges to be modular.  The drive module is the
same for all other gauges and gauge head sizes.  The modularity allows for
the buyer to purchase just the static gauge heads to save money and upgrade
later.

2) So does this include HSI/ADI? (I think the A-4k has F-16 ADI and HSI
after the "Kahu" upgrade)

No.  Not at this time.  The complexity of those instruments is so high that
the cost is prohibitive.  I will be looking at ways to make this happen in
the future, but the priority right now is with the round gauges.

3) Will you have some sort of PKD kit so that we can add our own gauge
faces?  (like a generic gauge which I could make into an A-4 ASI...)

No.  To keep costs at a minimum you will not be able to dismantle the
instrument to change the dial face.  However, I expect to be able to offer
custom orders in the near future.  Right now the focus is on the F-16 set
and getting that into production.  Once that has been accomplished, it
should be possible to order custom faces.

Marv