[simpits-tech] 3d outside views?

LT1_Z28 simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 06:32:52 -0500

A couple of weeks ago we watched the space station IMAX movie and I had
a thought. How about setting up 2 viewpoints about 4" apart in the
software and projecting each through polarized lenses, each shifted 90
degrees from the other, then wearing glasses with polarized lenses
shifted the same way? That's how IMAX does it, it works fairly well, and
nothing special would be needed other than twice as many projectors. Has
anyone tried this yet?

If my wallet can handle it I might have to try it. I've decided to build
a somewhat generic 2 seat bastard child of an A320 and CRJ for myself
using X-Plane (since I have it ;) and 2 or 3 computers, 3 monitors in
the panel, and possibly as many as 6 monitors/projectors outside. This
should be entertaining...
--
Steve
lt1_z28@swbell.net http://www.mysticz28.org/