[simpits-tech] checking in

Ido Dekkers simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:40:41 +0300

Hi Thomas Welcome to the loony bin

the resolution as much as i could gather is
for each letter : 3 pixel wide and 5 pixel high,
for spacing : 2 pixel spacing wide and 3 pixel high.
in the ends : 2 pixels on the left, 2 on the right .
can't make out the bottom and top.

as Erwin mentioned they are made of 3 1x1 inch parts.

Ido

             Thomas Nepveu
             <tnepveu@nordne
             t.fr>                                                      To
             Sent by:                 "simpits-tech@simpits.org"
             simpits-tech-ad          <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
             min@simpits.org                                            cc

                                                                       bcc
             07/10/2002
             03:51 AM                                              Subject
                                      [simpits-tech] checking in

             Please respond
             to simpits-tech

Hi all

first time I post in the Simpits mailing list, so let me introduce
myself :

I am Thomas, 30 and I am a network enginner, currently unemployed :)

I have the project of making an F16 Pit.

My first task will be the electronic part

And my first questions will be about PFD and DED :

1-Does anyone know what is the technology used for these displays ?
2-What are the exact display size (not the dimension of the instrument)
?
3-what are the resolution of these displays ? I know it is 24 characters
x 5 lines screen. What I want to know is the pixel resolution of 1
character or of the entire panel.

Regards.
Thomas.