AW: [simpits-tech] Marv's Rudder Pedals - Update

A L B E R T simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 02:24:01 +1000

Thanks for the detail reply Marv,

Another question regarding the guages, how will they work? do they need
another computer feeding data into themusing software such as F4 glass?
Or are they aimed for Epic (higher end) approach?

I know the question is probably abit silly...but when you mention servo
driven guages...I got no idea what that is other than they are guages how it
runs I have no clue.

Cheers,

Albert

> A lot depends on the cost of the castings for the pedals themselves, but I
> would suspect that a functioning set of rudders will be in the
neighborhood
> of the cost of a Cougar or possibly somewhat more.  I haven't got down the
> cost of the machining, but if I can be clever with the design, it might
get
> to that range.  You have to understand that these are design goals and
there
> are a few hurdles to cross to get there.
>
> Yes, I would really like to work with Paul on this one, too.   Let's see
how
> the gauges go.
>
> One way or another I am committed to getting a number of really neat
things
> for cockpit builders out the door as soon as possible (including gauges).
>
> The only limits I see at this point are objects that Honeywell
manufactures
> and that is because of conflict of interests, sorry.  However, that leaves
> lot things open for me to make, possibly some custom work for people, too.
>
> On the subject of gauges, I will be working on the prototype of the Fuel
QTY
> gauge for the holidays.  This has two needles and a rolling counter.  My
> design uses three servos to make both needles and the counter 100%
> functional.  I should have a working unit this weekend.  ;-)
>
> Further down the pike I will look into the square instruments (altimeter,
> mach meter, ADI, and HSI).  I already have the design for a working VVI
and
> AOA.  I need more tools to complete those gauges.
>
> Of course, the side stick is just around the corner.  Right now it looks
> like the Cougar is the best bet for a grip.
>
> Everyone have a great holiday, for those in the States,  ;-)
>
> Marv
>
> --
>

> > From: "Marc Weigert" <mail@marceting.de>
> > Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 15:00:06 +0200
> > To: <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
> > Subject: AW: [simpits-tech] Marv's Rudder Pedals
> >
> > Hello Marv,
> >
> > do you have any idea in what region these rudder pedals will be priced?
> > <200USD, <500USD...?? ;)
> >
> > Did you see this auction:
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1841425566
> > The seller claims the seat to be an original, but modified ACES II!
Hmmm -