AW: [simpits-tech] Marv's Rudder Pedals - Update

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 04 Jul 2002 10:39:02 -0400

A lot depends on the cost of the castings for the pedals themselves, but I
would suspect that a functioning set of rudders will be in the neighborhood
of the cost of a Cougar or possibly somewhat more.  I haven't got down the
cost of the machining, but if I can be clever with the design, it might get
to that range.  You have to understand that these are design goals and there
are a few hurdles to cross to get there.

Yes, I would really like to work with Paul on this one, too.   Let's see how
the gauges go.

One way or another I am committed to getting a number of really neat things
for cockpit builders out the door as soon as possible (including gauges).

The only limits I see at this point are objects that Honeywell manufactures
and that is because of conflict of interests, sorry.  However, that leaves a
lot things open for me to make, possibly some custom work for people, too.

On the subject of gauges, I will be working on the prototype of the Fuel QTY
gauge for the holidays.  This has two needles and a rolling counter.  My
design uses three servos to make both needles and the counter 100%
functional.  I should have a working unit this weekend.  ;-)

Further down the pike I will look into the square instruments (altimeter,
mach meter, ADI, and HSI).  I already have the design for a working VVI and
AOA.  I need more tools to complete those gauges.

Of course, the side stick is just around the corner.  Right now it looks
like the Cougar is the best bet for a grip.

Everyone have a great holiday, for those in the States,  ;-)

Marv