[simpits-tech] Message from the Track IR {Naturalpoint} team

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:03:52 -0500

David,

I would be interested in getting more information.  My setup that I want
would be to add something to my cockpit and helmet so I could track the
head motion in 3 directions.  I want it to be inconspicuous so it
doesn't interfere with the look of my helmet and that of my cockpit.

I want to not only control the view in Falcon 4, but also rotate a
projector in 3-D space so the image tracks along the sight of the user.
When the pilot looks left, the projector should follow and the image
that is projected should be exactly what you should see if you look
left.  The same with up and right.  This would mean that the device
needs to track over an angle of 270 degrees horizontal and 120 degrees
vertical.

Does this interest you?

Marv