[simpits-tech] at style power supplies

Erwin Neyt simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:47:37 +0100

PC power supplies usually have a minimum load requirement (most often on the
+12V output), which means that they won't regulate properly unless they're
loaded to at least (typically) 20% of their maximum rating.

You could stick a dummy load (high W 1-ohm resistor) across the output(s).

New ATX PSU have typicaly a lower (sometimes even zero) load requirement. AT
style load requirements are typicaly higher.

Hope this helps.

Erwin.