[simpits-tech] LCD Projectors

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 12:38:27 -0800

> Someone please shoot me.  (Ducks the trout Gene throws instead).

Shoot you?  Hell, I'm standing right next to you! :)

> Anyway, that's the tangent I've been on.  What should one
> watch out for in selecting an LCD, peeps?

>From what I've seen, you're better off getting an lcd projector panel
and mating it up with a 4000 lumen overhead projector.  The reason for
this is that while lcd projectors are tiny and very cool, their bulbs
will cost you anywhere from $240 to $800 to replace and they don't have
that long of a life.

As far as features, you want at least 800x600 resolution, support for 32
bit color depth and the option to "reverse" the image if you decide to
use rear projection at some point.

G.