[simpits-tech] LCD Projectors

Steve Wilson simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 09:16:09 -0500

Someone please shoot me.  (Ducks the trout Gene throws instead).

I keep spending too much money on little toys.  (And in some cases, big
toys)  I've been thinking recently that I could probably have bought a
reasonable LCD projector by now, and dramatically improved my overall
cockpit when finished.  Given the time betwixt now and completion, I'm
thinking of starting a little bank account, and when I find some little
bauble that I cannot live without, shooting the money to the LCDP account
instead!

If MFD/HUD video remains at least a possibility, it only seems reasonable to
go with an LCD projector.  Just think of how the frame rate go up and
stutter problems will disappear when one creates a custom cockpit (inside
the program) with NO graphics overlay.  It seems to me, having just a
superficial knowledge of Falcon 4.0 cockpit programming, that this should be
possible.  There are a lot of interupts programmed into the eF and SP pits
with all that new avionics and systems management functionality.  You don't
have to have all that point and click overload when you have a real cockpit
to sit in!!

Anyway, that's the tangent I've been on.  What should one watch out for in
selecting an LCD, peeps?

Steve