[simpits-tech] 747 cockpits

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:14:19 -0800 (PST)

> I don't think he got the P-3 at all.  The state of Texas was the first, from
> what Justin said, to get in an uproar over him getting it.  They said it
> could go to a museum or be destroyed.

Bummer.  Me, I would've gotten it home before I let anyone know what I'd
bought. :)

> Frustrating......what could anyone do with a gutted cockpit?   A terrorist
> may buy time in a sim to learn how to fly one.  But they wouldn't BUY one
> and try to build their own.    WAY too much trouble.  You gotta LOVE the
> building part to get involved in THIS hobby !

Certainly.  Hell it would take at least 30 million dollars and a state of
the art machine shop to ever make my F-15 fly again.  Sometimes I just
don't get those guys.

I feel sorry for you commercial guys though, you're competing with FBOs
and Owner/Operators and lease outfits for parts.  The end result is that
if you can find a part you need, chances are some shyster is charging a
LOT of money for it.  It gets worse if it's yellow tagged.  At least with
the military jet parts, the market is a lot smaller. :)

g.