[simpits-tech] Re: HUD question

Wiebe, Alex simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:00:29 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1AF51.4F1DCF50

> It's a function of the lenses.  If you try to actuall focus on the
> lettering that shows up in the combining glass, it will be blurry.

...and double? Your eyes are forming the base of a triangle with the object
in focus being the third point. If you insert a piece of glass between you
and the object for the purpose of projecting an image onto the object,
wouldn't the image have to appear over each line extending from the object
to each eye (obviously blurred due to the focal distance requried)?

I fear I'm being 'blined' by something fairly obvious here...

Is a single lense (assembly - I'm simplifying here) capable of creating this
illusion? or does the image have to be split somehow?

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1AF51.4F1DCF50

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Re: HUD question</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; It's a function of the lenses.&nbsp; If you try =
to actuall focus on the</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; lettering that shows up in the combining glass, =
it will be blurry.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>...and double? Your eyes are forming the base of a =
triangle with the object in focus being the third point. If you insert =
a piece of glass between you and the object for the purpose of =
projecting an image onto the object, wouldn't the image have to appear =
over each line extending from the object to each eye (obviously blurred =
due to the focal distance requried)?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I fear I'm being 'blined' by something fairly obvious =
here...</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Is a single lense (assembly - I'm simplifying here) =
capable of creating this illusion? or does the image have to be split =
somehow?</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C1AF51.4F1DCF50--