AW: [simpits-tech] So you wanna build a HUD, eh?

Darren Beaumont simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 00:12:29 -0000

Steve,

Glad to hear you managed to win on that auction.

Darren

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org]On Behalf Of Steve Smith
Sent: 05 February 2002 19:21
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: AW: [simpits-tech] So you wanna build a HUD, eh?

Has anyone found a source for SQUARE yet??

Rectangular....like the 5" stuff....is good for a CDU for us on the civvie
side of things.

But I have yet to find a CRT or LCD that I'm happy with on the 9-12" range,
color.      The Boeing displays are all right at 8 inches by 8 inches....so
a diagonal of 11.3 inches.

There's not much room behind these panels to be hiding excess monitor.
Possible to turn them 90 degrees and that may be the way I have to go.

But sure wish there was a good solution out there !

In case anyone's curious, I did get that 757 display from Ebay......and a
2nd one as well.   So I have the EADI and EHSI.   Really just want them to
use for their bezels and such....to see how they're made and how I can copy
them for my own displays.
http://www.747cockpit.com/new_parts_Feb_02.htm

Steve