AW: AW: [simpits-tech] Head Up Display pics...

Marc Weigert simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 18:19:14 +0100

Hello Gene and Enrico,

thanx alot for your fast replies!!

Gene, your words made me remember that a friend of mine won a A-7 HUD
(without the combining glass) on eBay  for about $70. He offered it to me
and we did agree to wait until the package arrives over here (Germany). If I
go for this deal, this should put me in a good starting position.

Are there special characteristics that the combining glass should have???
Your drawing was excellent and did help me alot to better express myself
within this email!!!

What is an "F-16C UFC" if I may ask? ;) Excuse me, but I am still quite new
to this :) Alot to learn within the coming months/years...

As I have the cockpit experts at hand here: does anyone of you have a
picture that shows the cockpit of the F-16 AFTI in the early years? I
obtained a MFD (photo:
http://www.flugzeugforum.de/forum/attachment.php?s=cd3727d6b1677aee26314468f
2fa00af&postid=36328) that came from the F-16 AFTI and there is just one bad
image that I could find in a book, showing the MFD built into the cockpit:
http://www.flugzeugforum.de/forum/attachment.php?s=cd3727d6b1677aee26314468f
2fa00af&postid=38081 (shows the right MFD, there must also have been one on
the left hand side).
I first thought of modifying my F-16A panels to suit this modification, but
I think it is better if I go for the standard version ;)

Thank you for all your help!

Cheers,

Marc