[simpits-tech] A-4 Update

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 02 Feb 2002 12:16:08 +1300

Finally!  Got some work done on the inside on the cockpit :)

I cut, notched and punched the instrument & CRT holes in the front panels
this morning, clamped them in place in the pit.... My does that make a
difference, it's less of a pile of bit, and more a cockpit!

I also finally completed the front panels for the 767, again aluminium,
cut, notched and punched.  Now they are off to be finished painted and decaled.

Next challenge is the mounting hardware for the panels, and HUD (which I
started, but haven't got far on...) then I can bolt the hole assembly into
the cockpit.  yipee!

On the subject of HUD, has anyone built one using a monitor and mirrors?  I
have the combiner glass sorted (same stuff as in my Mk4 gyro gunsight), and
a good bright 6" Green CRT to drive it with.
Do I need a lens, or can I just use a mirror and combiner glass?

Sean.