[simpits-tech] Panel making??

Dave Hensley simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 18:44:20 -0500

Hey guys,

Getting ready to assemble my first set of panels I have made from scratch
and I have a couple of questions for the masters. :-)

I am using plexiglass and lexan for the panels. 1/4 inch plexi for the
backing, panels made in Corel printed on transparency, covered by 1/8 inch
lexan - with the transparency and lexan cut to the shape of the panels. I
need to paint the 1/4 inch piece and am curious as to the best method.
Should I sand it (lightly), then primer, then paint? What is the best type
of paint for this? Also, is there some type of sealant that would help with
the durability of the paint?

Thanks!

Have a Happy (and Safe) New Year!!!

Dave