[simpits-tech] usb keyboards

Ken Schlote simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 07:04:39 -0800 (PST)

--0-436927853-1041347079=:29540

Thanks for the outlook. I'll try to get around this problem.
Happy New Year too all.
Ken
Sean Galbraith <sean.g@paradise.net.nz> wrote:At 08:15 PM 12/30/02 -0800, you wrote:

>Thanks for the answer Katy. I hoped to hear that. That means all panels
>could be hooked up using a different keyboard but will function as one
>input. This could, will simplify things a great deal.
>
>Ken

Only thing to be aware of is: If you have a CTRL/ALT/SHIFT pressed on one
keyboard, it affects all others... i.e. If you have CTRL+A pressed on one,
and C on another, the PC will "see" CTRL+A and CTRL+C. As long as you are
not pressing two buttons simultaneously it should not be a problem though.

Once upon a time I thought about using 3 USB keyboards, one standard, one
with SHIFT hardwired, and the third with CTRL hardwired.... sadly it didn't
work like that :(

Sean.

p.s. Happy New Year all....and do I get a prize for the first post of
2003? It is 0043 here in NZ!