[simpits-tech] Memory Lane....

Jonas Frazier simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:52:24 -0700

Hi:
Your jump seat ride sounds like mine. My dad and his crew(not to forget this
flight attendant I had a crush on,  which I meet on an earlier trip) and I
all where on a trip together,  when on our over night in Burlington Vermont,
  the ERJ got a lightning strike in the wing. WE where stuck in Burlington
for about 12 hours. We got the airplane repaired,  and filed the flight as a
maintainance flight. I did every thing,  all most. I started the apu and
engines,  then advanced the throttles for T/O. That thing didn't even need
half power to climb like it was home sick. I was told to keep my mouth shut,
and to nodd for yes and no. We then came into land,  believe it or not,  a
British Airways Concorde that diverted from JFK into Newark. WE taxied be
hind that,  then a Singapore Air 747,  then a Continental 777. The engines
on the 747,  777, and Concorde are mounted higher than the top of the tail
when the RJ is standing on the Ground! What a sight it was. I'll never
forget this. I even have a picture of a United Airlines 777 from that day.
Yes,  when I'm with Cathay Pacific you can jump seat. Maybe under the same
conditions. That also applys to any airline I fly for,  European and
American. When I'm done with my flying,  I'm getting my European licences to
make my self more marketable. I do have dual citizenship with Germany,  so
maybe LTU,  or Lufthansa for starting out? Thanks,  and take care.
Jonas