[simpits-tech] T-38 pics

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:21:45 +0000

That sim news is almost enough to make me cry... but I still think the CFTs
that I took the pictures of will end up on the DRMO market. They aren't the
type of thing you'd waste money on converting to C standards, you'd have to
completely rebuild it to do that anyway, so might as well start fresh. And
tearing them up for parts doesn't make much sense, either. But time will
tell... Like I said, if you've got contacts, tell 'em to keep their eyes
open in the coming years.

Brian

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Chris Woodul" <crewstation1@charter.net>
To: <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] T-38 pics
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:11:33 -0600

Hi Brian,

I did look at your T-38 pics and they are nice. As for the sad news on the
old A trainers, alot of them went to Boeing Training and Simulation in St.
Louis Mo. I was there to discuss other types of systems and I got a tour of
the plant. They showed me a cage (large locked up area in the plant) that
was full of crap that was left over from their Simulator conversion program.
They were receiveing old Two place simulator cabs and CUTTING OFF THE REAR
COCKPIT! and then converting the front seat to C model standards. They had
piles of extra seats lying around and all the instrumentation and hardware
from the rear cockpit. I of course naturally started to drool. They send all
of that stuff back to the government who I think then sends it either to
scrap or to DRMO.
As for the T-38C it is a nice upgrade, but they need to find the money to
replace the Northrop Ejection seat, with the new Martin-Baker MK-16 that MBA
developed for NASA's T-38's. I know the money is hard to come up with, but
the rest of the plane is in the 21st centruy, why cant the escape system be?
Just my Opine.

Chris

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 3 months FREE*.
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_eliminateviruses_3mf