Age, was Re: [simpits-tech] RE: F-16 flight

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 22:52:04 +0000

Yeah, I've always liked flying commuters much better. People say they hate
flying 'em, but both my trips have involved Saab 340's for a good section of
the trip. Each time I've gotten the flight attendant to move me to the front
row (due to my unmanagably long legs), which is fun because then you get to
talk to them the whole flight. And all the flight attendants I've gotten so
far have been very interesting and fun people. On my trip this summer, it
ended up being me and one other guy, who was headed to AETCFC same as me,
both sitting in front talking to this flight attendant. It was really cool.
I also think the service might be better because the new FAs and cockpit
crew are (naturally) on the commuters, so they haven't grown to hate the
passengers yet. Lord knows I would... I am never, ever, ever, never ever
ever never ever, flying airlines. If I ever start to think otherwise,
someone please hit me with a bat or something, k? Something hard that will
do damage. I know some people love it, but I would never be able to... I
dont care about the pay, or about the enormous amount of time off (I talked
to a 767 pilot once who had literally half the month off), its just not
worth it to me. Some people say its not really flying, I know that's not
true, but to me, it isn't fun flying. My plan is to do my time in the AF,
maybe make a career out of it, maybe not, we'll see. But once that's done,
I'm gonna abandon civilization for the Canadian north country... or Alaska,
that would be ok with me, too. I just gotta find myself the right
significant other, you know, one who isn't gonna spoil the whole plan ;) But
bush flying appeals to me more than anything else, even Air Force flying
sometimes.

Brian

http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_smartspamprotection_3mf